No one doubts that New Orleans has a special element of romance found in its Old World charm. There are hundreds of delicious, mouth-watering restaurants, and dozens of those restaurants are some of the most romantic restaurants in the United States. So, clearly, wining and dining your significant other is a home-run option for any date night. However, if you’re looking to spruce up your date nights, here are our recommendations:
- Y’all can take a Hip hop class!! – Dancing Grounds on St. Claude offers a variety of classes at different times, and often has a $5 class special!
- Sign up for a cooking class and learn how to make a classic creole dish. Later, you can serve this for your loved ones and share the story behind it all! – Langlois Culinary Crossroads offers all kinds of culinary options!
- Mosquito Supper club is a great alternative to the classic dinner-date night. The Mosquito Supper Club is a tiny experimental restaurant where you’ll be seated in an intimate setting, sharing a dining table with soon-to-be friends. You’ll enjoy an amazing meal while the chef provides stories about her life and childhood, which explains the inspiration behind each dish.
- Take a Wine Tasting Class! W.I.N.O. (Wine Institute of New Orleans) offers weekly classes! W.I.N.O. has wines from all over the world and you’ll learn more about the wines you already love or discovery new wines!
- Step up the traditional “dinner & a movie” date-night experience with a free rooftop screening at the Catahoula Hotel! Every Wednesday, the Catahoula Hotel screens a different movie on their rooftop overlooking downtown New Orleans. They also have a full bar with unique drinks, and food can be ordered at the bar and brought to your seat.
- Fulton Alley is the perfect spot for your more competitive couples looking to fine tune their game skills! Fulton Alley is predominantly a bowling alley, but there are plenty of other games there you and your significant other should check out!
- No better way to relight the romance in the relationship than a Ghost Tour through the romantic, dimly-lit streets of the French Quarter. Most tours only run your $25 per person!
- Nothing will spice up your date night like an escape game! Get your heart pumping and your mind going at Clue Carré, where you and your significant other will be locked in a room with 4-5 other people with minimal clues (and time) to escape!
- Looking to lighten-up date night and bring a little laughter into your relationship? Stop by a comedy show. The New Orleans comedy scene is booming with so many options to choose from! We recommend trying on the of the following: Comedy Catastrophe, Comedy Beast, Think You’re Funny?, Jokes on Me, Comedy Boom, among others.
- Learn how to make classic New Orleans cocktails at a Cocktail Class. The next time you and your significant other are hosting, you can wow your guests with your newfound skills of making crafty, signature New Orleans drinks!
If you need help planning a fabulous date night (or a plethora of other events!), contact Ask The Locals, a local company that specializes in unique events and custom itinerary planning. Visit askthelocalsneworleans.com to get a glimpse of everything they can do to make your events amazing!
Photo credit: stock.adobe.com/karenroach
Written by: Katie Minor, 2017